January 26, 2010

Good Things #5 Twittering

No I am not referring to the Internet. I mean singing, making or listening to music. I mentioned earlier that I have been on a health quest the past year. One of the Scripture verses that seemed to keep coming up during my prayer time was, "Sing praises to the Lord." I have always had prayer and scripture reading during my devotions but praise songs were something I did on Sundays or road trips. Let me tell you, along with vitamins and exercise, singing is one of the best things I have done for my health. But if you are skeptical you may recall the fellow who cured himself of cancer with laughter. I recommend praise songs to God in particular .... music and lyrics can provoke many moods including riot, sadness and even anxiety. But a praise song promotes thankfulness, love, joy and comfort.
'
At first I sang for an hour every morning and then sometimes for an hour at night. Gradually my health improved. Now my singing sessions are shorter but much like my vitamin regimen ..... now and then I get busy or distracted and miss a day but if I go two to three days without, I suffer for it.
'
This morning I was singing in my rocker near the window when my ears caught a churppie sound. I stopped and it stopped. I started and it started. This happened several times. At first I wondered if my chair was squeaky but then ... no ... it must be coming from outside. I peeked out and there was a little bird perched in the burning bush just outside the window. I think it is a tufted titmouse as you can maybe tell from the pictures above. It was light blue grey with a white and coral belly and a tuft on it's head. It was soon joined by it's cousin. We sounded something like this; "There is a name I love to hear, (churp! churp!) I love to sing its worth; (churp! churp!) It sounds like music in my ear, (churp! churp!) The sweetest name on earth (churp!) O, how I love Jesus, O, how I love Jesus, O, how I love Jesus - Because He first loved me (churp! churp!)!
I Heard A Bird Sing
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December
A magical thing
And sweet to remember.
"We are nearer to Spring
Than we were in September,"
I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December
-Oliver Herford

And it is now January so we are even closer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

The Bird House Blog | Nest In Bloom Design