January 26, 2010

Good Things #4 Quilts, Lace, Linens & Silks


I love fabric and needlework. My business, Cotton Ginnie Studio focuses primarily on fiber arts. So I collect bits and pieces at flea markets and such places where the cost is not high. A table cloth for $8-$18 .... $6 for a set of pillowcases .... $2-$3 for bits of this and that. These bits and pieces have adorned handmade gifts and pillows .... yards of hand crocheted lace became the edging for my kitchen curtains. An antique, lace edged counterpane folds gently over my silk comforter in my bedroom. Vintage linens hang over the towel bar in the bathrooms.
'
I have a beautiful set of linen napkins waiting for a hand stitched monogram. Table linens hang on individual hangers in the closet awaiting their seasonal day. I've blogged before about finding vintage fabrics for a child's quilt and I picked up a woman's linen skirt at the Family Thrift and tailored it for the sink in the downstairs bath when it was redone. Some needlework is suitable for framing. I have a large cross stitch that I did when my children were young and a child's quilt made by my great grandmother Ora Peterman that are both framed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

The Bird House Blog | Nest In Bloom Design