January 24, 2010

Good Things #10 The Rice Sock


I decided just the other day to post some simple ideas that work for me around the house. Like everyone I have a basket in my laundry room with stray socks. I believe this idea came from my brother -in-law Bryce but you can fill a sock with rice (a funnel is helpful with this process) and tie a knot in the end. The rice sock can then be heated in a clean microwave for 2 minutes and applied to achy back or shoulders for arthritis or muscle relief. It can even be used instead of a hot water bottle on a cold winter night. To purchase a heating pad at the drug store costs about $24.99. For this article I purchased a pair of socks for $3 on sale and bag of white Acme rice (also on sale) for $3.49.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

The Bird House Blog | Nest In Bloom Design