September 8, 2009

Labor Day Family Reunion I


Kiss The Cooks

Josh & Amanda came up from Annapolis. They brought the kids and the beer.



Momma Bird ...... 1/2 the women in the family answer to that one so we will call her:

Amanda Jill Easton Bird (actually Jill is her pre-nuptual name which was replaced by her maiden name. I think it's just too pretty to forget).

The youngest family member, Asher is most comfortable with his mom, dad and siblings but is getting to know and accept the rest of us. Just the opposite of his outgoing brother James. One of these days I will post some baby photo's of his daddy. You can hardly tell them apart ..... twins separated by 30 years with different mom's! The family never ceases to be amazed at the resemblance ... we stand in little groups looking at the baby, Josh and the photo's .... somebody say it just one more time .... "he looks like his daddy!!!"


Asher Benjamin with his daddy Joshua David. If Asher had been a girl we would have had Lydia Wolcott Bird. Lydia Clements was my great gramma on my father's side .... my sister and I called her, 'Gram' when we were young. She was the sweetest little lady who lived almost exclusively on chocolate. Her maiden name was Tozar which is Pennsylvania Dutch. She married John Clements who was of French descent...... Wolcott is a family name on the Bird side which can be found on the Mayflower contract .... I think I got that right ... Gramma Bird? As it is, Asher shares a middle name with his Uncle Jesse.
Anyway we all loved the little girl's name ... maybe they should have just one more ... Amanda?



James Thomas catches what's been eating my kale! Thomas is another family name. My brother was Thomas Edwin Urban named for my great grandfather Thomas Kellogg and my father Edwin C. Urban and David's grandfather was also named Thomas Bird.
Caelen Seth Bird made it into this photo group too. Caelen is not named after anyone. His mother just had a whim.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

The Bird House Blog | Nest In Bloom Design