May 17, 2010

A Ginnie Jacket


My first hand sewn item of clothing for my Cotton Ginnie Studio was a shower gift for Samantha & Caelen & my new grand baby .... yes it is a girl! But the name is a surprise so for now she is Jane Doe or Baby Ginnie. I am currently finishing up a dress for my other grand daughter Lauren. I'll be posting pictures soon.
'
I can't find a lot in the current fashion trends that I like very much. So I plan to come up with some of my own. My source of inspiration will be coming from Japanese pattern books and vintage clothing. I've found these books and patterns on etsy. My materials will be the natural fibers that I love; linen, cotton, wool & silk. And clothing will be classic in style with some simple and elegant detail. Stay posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 

The Bird House Blog | Nest In Bloom Design